Certificate Course & Internship In Counselling
CCS Academy, a unit of Chennai Counseling Services offers Certificate Course in Counseling. It is a 50 hours practicum and supervision course. Internship Programme is for 25 hours.
Chennai Counseling Services is a registered organization under Small Scales Industries Act of Central Government. It has been offering counseling services, offering training programmes and internships. More than 200 professionals and students from various colleges with UG/PG Psychology/Social Work have benefitted from its workshops and internships.
Facilitator : Karthik Lakshmanan M.Sc. (Coun. Psy.), M.Phil. (Psy. Onc.), SET (Psy.)
Assistant Professor of Counselling Psychology, Madras School of Social Work/ Visiting Counsellor, IIT – Madras
Timing : On Sundays
Morning Batch: 9 AM to 1 PM
Fee : Rs. 7000/- for 50 hours Certificate Course and Rs. 3500/- for the 25 hours internship programme. Fee to be paid in advance.
Chennai Counseling Services,
I Floor, New No. 65A, Vanniar St.,
Slightly Opp. to TMB ATM, Choolaimedu,
Chennai – 94. Click here for google map.
You can reach easily via Arcot Road of Kodambakkam.
Next batch will start from February 25th, 2018. Timing will be 2 PM to 6 PM on Sundays. Please call or whats app + 91 – 9840924035 or click here to fill the contact us form. Only 10 seats are available per batch. Seats will be allotted on First Come First Served basis.
Highlights of Certificate Course :
- Observation of Live Counseling Sessions
- Hands on Training
- Less theory and more practicum
- Case Analysis and Discussion
- Flexible Timings
- Placement Opportunities
- Less Participants
- Effective Supervision
Participants can attend the sessions in one of the batches and when they complete 25 hours, they will be given with Observership Certificate through E-Mail which can be printed and kept for records. When they complete 50 hours, certificate course in counselling will be over and printed certificate will be given.
Modules for Certificate Course :
- Skills and Qualities of an effective counselor
- Difference between Counseling and Psychotherapy
- Stages of Counseling
- Ethics of Counseling Practice
- Adlerian Therapy
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy
- Behaviour Therapy
- Gestalt Therapy
- Reality Therapy
- Rogers’ Person Centered Therapy
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Transactional Analysis
- Life Skills Approach
- School and College Counseling
- Corporate Counseling
- Career Guidance & Counseling
- Smoking/Tobacco Cessation Counseling
- Marital Counseling
- Health Care Counseling
- Psychological Scales for Counseling Practice
- Study Skills Training
- Conquering Exam Anxiety
- Work Life Balance
- Stress Management
- Tools for Evidence Based Practice
- Liaison with other health professionals
- How to market oneself as a Counselor – Employablity Skills and Opportunities for Specialization and Higher Education
Important Note: Though there are 30 topics given, everything may not be covered with the limited time available. Participants have to give a list of topics they want to learn. Based on the list, a common agenda will be set for every session.