Certificate Course & Internship In Counselling
CCS Academy, a Unit of Chennai Counseling Services offers Internship in Counseling for 25 hours and certificate course for 50 hours.
Chennai Counseling Services is a registered organization under Small Scales Industries Act of Central Government. It has been offering counseling services, offering training programmes and internships. More than 200 professionals and students from various colleges with UG/PG Psychology/Social Work have benefited from its workshops and internships.
Facilitator : Karthik Lakshmanan M.Sc. (Coun. Psy.), M.Phil. (Psy. Onc.), SET (Psy.)
Assistant Professor of Counselling Psychology, Madras School of Social Work/ Visiting Counsellor, IIT – Madras
Internship on Weekdays – 10 to 1 PM from Monday and Thursday
Internship on Weekends – 9 to 1 PM on Saturday and Sunday
Chennai Counseling Services,
I Floor, New No. 65A, Vanniar St.,
Slightly Opp. to TMB ATM, Choolaimedu,
Chennai – 94. Click here for google map.
You can reach easily via Arcot Road of Kodambakkam.
Fee : Rs. 3500/- for the 25 hours internship programme.
Three Batches will be started in the Month of May.
Weekday Internship Batch – 1 will start from May 1st, 2018. Timing will be 10 AM to 1 PM on weekdays – Monday to Thursday.
Weekend Internship Batch will start from May 6th, 2018. Timing is 9 AM to 1 PM on Saturday and Sunday.
Last date to register for the above batches is 15th April, 2018 (Sunday)
Weekday Internship Batch – 2 will start from May 16th, 2018. Timing will be 10 AM to 1 PM on weekdays – Monday to Thursday.
Last to date to register is 5th May, 2018 (Saturday)
Please call or whats app + 91 – 9840924035 or click here to fill the contact us form. Only 10 seats are available per batch. Seats will be allotted on First Come First Served basis.
- Observation of Live Counseling Sessions
- Hands on Training
- Less theory and more practicum
- Case Analysis and Discussion
- Flexible Timings
- Placement Opportunities
- Less Participants
- Effective Supervision
Participants can attend the sessions in one of the batches and when they complete 25 hours, they will be given with Observership Certificate through E-Mail which can be printed and kept for records. For certificate course, a printed certificate will be given after passing the Viva Voce Examination.
- Skills and Qualities of an effective counselor
- Difference between Counseling and Psychotherapy
- Stages of Counseling
- Ethics of Counseling Practice
- Adlerian Therapy
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy
- Behaviour Therapy
- Gestalt Therapy
- Reality Therapy
- Rogers’ Person Centered Therapy
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Transactional Analysis
- Life Skills Approach
- School and College Counseling
- Corporate Counseling
- Career Guidance & Counseling
- Smoking/Tobacco Cessation Counseling
- Marital Counseling
- Health Care Counseling
- Psychological Scales for Counseling Practice
- Study Skills Training
- Conquering Exam Anxiety
- Work Life Balance
- Stress Management
- Tools for Evidence Based Practice
- Liaison with other health professionals
- How to market oneself as a Counselor – Employablity Skills and Opportunities for Specialization and Higher Education
Important Note: Though there are 30 topics given, everything may not be covered with the limited time available. Participants have to give a list of topics they want to learn. Based on the list, a common agenda will be set for every session.