Personalized training and observership for College Students and Beginner Counselors are provided
Psychological Counselling is a prerequisite skill necessary for professionals in health care, schools and corporate set up. Though the nature of clients is different in different settings, the therapeutic approaches and qualities of an effective counsellor remain the same. An effective counsellor should possess good interviewing and rapport building skills. Liaison with other health care professionals such as Psychiatrists, Neurologists, Special Educators and Psychotherapists is also essential. Bearing these points in mind, an observership module is devised to provide a hands-on experience on the above mentioned aspects of being an effective counsellor. Psychological issues of Clients and techniques to be used in different scenario are added to equip the observers “industry ready”.
For whom :
- Beginner Counselors with Psychology / Social Work / Counseling Background
- Psychology UG, PG and M.Phil Students
- Social Work UG, PG and M.Phil Students
- Counseling & Psychotherapy Students
- Psychiatric Nursing Students
25 hours of Discussion/Theroy Sessions, Observation of counseling sessions and Personal Work (if volunteered) would take place.
Morning Batch – 9 AM to 1 PM and Afternoon Batch – 2 PM to 6 PM on Sundays (Contact us to know the next batch Commencement Date).
Charges : INR 3500/-
Modules Covered :
- Qualities of an Effective Counselor : Rapport Building, Empathy, Unconditional Positive Regard, Being Non judgemental, Concreteness, Advanced Empathy, Genuineness – Ethics of counselling – Case history taking – Working in different Stages of Counseling
- Therapeutic Approaches : Difference between Counselling and Psychotherapy – Person centred Therapy, Cognitive, Behaviour Thereapy, Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy, Reality Therapy, Solution Focused Brief Therapy and Transactional Analysis – Eclectic Approaches
- School and College Counseling : Counseling for Academic Issues- Parental guidance and counselling- Disciplining strategies – Preparedness for a relationship – Educational and Career Guidance – handling relationship issues
- Corporate Counseling : Psychological issues in corporates, Challenges involved in corporate counselling, Relaxation and Counseling Techniques to deal with Stress, Career Development – Relationship / Marital Counseling
- Healthcare Counseling : Pain and Fatigue Management – Preparedness for treatment, Dealing with Caregivers, Tobacco Cessation and Alcohol De-addiction
- Counseling in Private Practice and Psychological Training : Preparing Modules for Psychological Training, Evidence Based Counseling, Diagnosis and Referral letter writing and Liaison with Clinical Psychologists, Psychotherapists, Psychiatrists and other health professionals, Suicide prevention Counseling
Softcopies of all the materials used during training and discussion will be shared.
Important Notes :
- People who are interested to do internship should send their Resume through mail and specify the expectations for doing the obsevership. They will be informed when the next batch is started through E-mail.
- Observers will have to give an undertaking that they will keep the client history confidential.
- All the given topics may not be completed within the 25 hours of Training and Discussion. Observers are requested to give a list of topics that they want to discuss.
- Payment has to be done in advance. An acknowledgment will be sent via email.
- When 25 hours are over, a certificate will be sent via e-mail for the completion of observership.