Certificate Course & Internship In Counselling
CCS Academy, a Unit of Chennai Counseling Services offers Internship in Counseling for 25 hours and certificate course for 50 hours.
Chennai Counseling Services is a registered organization under Small Scales Industries Act of Central Government. It has been offering counseling services, offering training programmes and internships. More than 200 professionals and students from various colleges with UG/PG Psychology/Social Work have benefited from its workshops and internships.
Facilitator : Karthik Lakshmanan M.Sc. (Coun. Psy.), M.Phil. (Psy. Onc.), SET (Psy.)
Assistant Professor of Counselling Psychology, Madras School of Social Work/ Visiting Counsellor, IIT – Madras
Internship on Weekends – 9 to 1 PM on Saturday and Sunday
Certificate Course on Weekdays – 10 AM to 1 PM from Monday to Thursday
Chennai Counseling Services,
I Floor, New No. 65A, Vanniar St.,
Slightly Opp. to TMB ATM, Choolaimedu,
Chennai – 94. Click here for google map.
You can reach easily via Arcot Road of Kodambakkam.
Fee : Rs. 3500/- for the 25 hours internship programme.
Fee : Rs. 7000/- for the 50 hours certificate course. Fee to be paid in advance.
Next Certificate Course (50 hrs) will start from May 1st, 2018. Timing will be 10 AM to 1 PM on weekdays.
Next Internship Batch(25 hrs) will start from May 5th, 2018. Timing is 9 AM to 1 PM on Saturday and Sunday.
Please call or whats app + 91 – 9840924035 or click here to fill the contact us form. Only 10 seats are available per batch for both certificate course and internship. Seats will be allotted on First Come First Served basis.
- Observation of Live Counseling Sessions
- Hands on Training
- Less theory and more practicum
- Case Analysis and Discussion
- Flexible Timings
- Placement Opportunities
- Less Participants
- Effective Supervision
Participants can attend the sessions in one of the batches and when they complete 25 hours, they will be given with Observership Certificate through E-Mail which can be printed and kept for records. For certificate course, a printed certificate will be given after passing the Viva Voce Examination.
- Skills and Qualities of an effective counselor
- Difference between Counseling and Psychotherapy
- Stages of Counseling
- Ethics of Counseling Practice
- Adlerian Therapy
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy
- Behaviour Therapy
- Gestalt Therapy
- Reality Therapy
- Rogers’ Person Centered Therapy
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Transactional Analysis
- Life Skills Approach
- School and College Counseling
- Corporate Counseling
- Career Guidance & Counseling
- Smoking/Tobacco Cessation Counseling
- Marital Counseling
- Health Care Counseling
- Psychological Scales for Counseling Practice
- Study Skills Training
- Conquering Exam Anxiety
- Work Life Balance
- Stress Management
- Tools for Evidence Based Practice
- Liaison with other health professionals
- How to market oneself as a Counselor – Employablity Skills and Opportunities for Specialization and Higher Education
Important Note: Though there are 30 topics given, everything may not be covered with the limited time available. Participants have to give a list of topics they want to learn. Based on the list, a common agenda will be set for every session.