Weekend Diploma in School, Corporate & Family Counselling
Objective: This course is designed for people who want to become Counsellors in Schools, Colleges, Hospitals, Corporates,NGOs and those who want to start one’s own Counselling Centre.
Facilitator : Karthik Lakshmanan M.Sc. (Coun. Psy.), M.Phil. (Psy. Onc.), SET (Psy.)
Visiting Counsellor, IIT – Madras/Former Assistant Professor of Counselling Psychology, Madras School of Social Work
Timing : Second Saturday and Sunday 9.30 AM to 4.30 PM (August to January/January to June)
Total Seats : 12
Eligibility : UG / PG in Psychology / Counselling / Social Work – Students who are pursuing are also eligible.
Chennai Counseling Services,
I Floor, New No. 65A, Vanniar St.,
Slightly Opp. to TMB ATM, Choolaimedu,
Chennai – 94. Click here for google map .
You can reach easily via Arcot Road of Kodambakkam.
Fee : : Rs. 9000/- (includes Lunch, Refreshments and Materials)
Next Batch will start from August 11th, 2018 and will end by January 13th, 2019. Seats are allotted on First-Come-First-Served Basis. Currently 5 seats are available.
At the end of the course, students would be evaluated through 3 Counselling Sessions Audio Recordings and Viva voce examination. For more details, please call/whatsapp +91 9840924035 or fill the contact us form.
CCS Academy – Chennai Counselling Services is an independent body which is registered under Small Scales Industries Act, Govt. of India. As per the laws of India, any registered organization can provide Diploma and Certificate Courses in Skill Development and no affiliation with universities is required. We, at CCS believe that imparting skills is more important than getting affiliation from a university. We are sure your skills in Counselling would improve by enrolling in the courses.
- Skills and Qualities of an effective counselor
- Difference between Counseling and Psychotherapy
- Abnormal Psychology for Counsellors
- Stages of Counseling
- Ethics of Counseling Practice
- How to choose a therapy/approach for a client?
- Rogers’ Person Centered Therapy
- Application of Abraham Maslow’s Needs theory in Counselling
- Gestalt Therapy
- Cognitive Therapy
- Rational Emotive Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Transactional Analysis
- Reality Therapy
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Life Skills Approach
- Behaviour Therapy
- School and College Counseling
- Corporate Counseling
- Hospital/Health Care Counseling
- Career Guidance & Educational Counseling
- Smoking/Tobacco Cessation Counseling
- Alcohol Dependence Counselling
- Mobile/Internet/Digital Deaddiction and Diet Counselling
- Family/Marital Counseling
- Psychological Scales for Counseling Practice
- Psychological Training Methodologies
- Preparedness for Marriage
- Study Skills Training and Conquering Exam Anxiety
- Work Life Balance
- Stress Management
- Documentation and Records of Counselling Sessions
- Tools for Evidence Based Practice and Research Methods
- Liaison with other health professionals
- How to market oneself as a Counsellor -Employability Skills
- Starting ones’ own Private Practice- Entrepreneurship Skills
- Opportunities for Specialization and Higher Education in Counselling
- 3 hours of Personal Work
- Minimum 3 Live Counselling Sessions as a Counsellor
Methods of Training : Discussions, Watching Counselling Videos, Movies with Psychological Themes, Observation Live Counselling Sessions and Lectures
Google Review : https://goo.gl/maps/CP1QXrtTQ2G2
Google Review : https://goo.gl/maps/qJHUYrp2GGn
Google Review : https://goo.gl/maps/ZVh84bRvqsN2